Friday, February 25, 2011

In a Fashion State of Mind...

Oh New York, London, Milan, how I wish I was at each fall fashion collection showing in each city. Due to time and financial constraints, I had to settle on viewing the collections on line. Here are a few of my favorites...

Jason Wu in NYC
I love any collection that has that timeless Audrey Hepburn appeal.



Ports 1961
Ohhhh, the delicate leather overlay details in this skirt! Leather has never been so feminine.



Marc Jacobs, NYC
 Well hello, futuristic 1940's. There would be no ignoring these ladies if seen walking down the street in these threads.


Preen, NYC
I love the asymmetrical skirts and the lovely details. The last picture is origami hip granny style. Love it. 


Carolina Herrera, NYC
Carolina, such an elegant woman with an amazing style. The top two are on my must buy list. I think her collection is my absolute favorite collection of fall 2011 so far (of course, eagerly awaiting Paris).




Diane Von Furstenberg, NYC
I always think of 70's inspired amazing printed dresses when I think of DVF, but I also love this!


Vera Wang, NYC
Feathers, leather, chiffon, oh la la...


Jill Stuart, NYC
There were so many owl prints in this collection...love, love, love. Reminds me of the movie Labyrinth when David Bowie turned into a white owl. It was a fantasy retro 70's collection.  And this yellow, metallic, feminine goddess number? So modern, yet so delicate. I would invent an occasion any day of the week just to wear this dress.


Prabal Gurung, NYC
This is classic with a bold edge. For my strong confident side...




Rodarte, NYC
 But I am a romantic at heart. I am such a fan of Rodarte! A tribute to the fall harvest at your feet and
wrapped luxuriously in these two amazing sisters vision of the sky. The entire collection was like remembering my childhood days on the farm in Iowa...I WISH!!! It almost makes me nostalgic for time I spent on my aunt's farm. Unfortunately, there were less fashionable, wandering through the fields, singing, dressed amazingly moments and more getting up at the ass crack of dawn to do hard labor as a young child rather than playing moments. Nonetheless, it takes me back with fond memories. That's how amazing of a collection this is.



Alberta Ferretti, NYC
I love that early 60's look, when Audrey Hepburn was the screen goddess, there were no paparazzi, women wore hats, and everyone wrote hand written thank yous instead of emails. I was born in the wrong era...


Etro, Milan
I am such a romantic bohemian. I am so in love with the tribal spring/summer prints of Etro. So glad
to see more amazing patterns in the fall collection. I really adore the Asian/SE Asian inspiration.



Gucci, Milan
 Oh, the Italians and their flair for drama. Annoying in soccer games, outstanding on the runway (and on any woman's body)!


Bottega Veneta, Milan
I cannot get enough! Another homage to the lovely 60's. Adore, adore, adore.




Mary Katrantzou, London
So artistic and amazing! I love the print, the shape, and can just imagine the luxurious feel of the silk. She looks like a collectible tea cup!

 I cannot wait until the shows Paris! I am counting the days!!!

Pictures from fashiongonerogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment